These are the terms and conditions on which we supply goods, services, tickets, experiences and other products to you.
Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
We are now delighted to be able to welcome visitors back to the farm. We have been working hard to make sure that everyone can have a safe and enjoyable day out in the period after the coronavirus lockdown. To ensure that we can comply with requirements on social distancing we have had to make some important changes to our usual terms and conditions which you can find below clearly marked ‘Coronavirus (covid-19) changes and restrictions’. These changes are intended to be temporary, but at the moment we can’t say for certain when we will be able to lift them.
Information about us and how to contact us
Who we are
We are a voluntary run farm, Langleybury Children’s Farm ‘LCF’, a registered charity in England and Wales. Our charity number is 1077869 and our company animal activity licence is No: TRDC/AAL/AC27076. Our registered address is Langleybury Children’s Farm, Langleybury Lane, Herts, WD4 8RW
How to contact us
You can contact us by telephoning on 01923 270603 or by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
General admission / tickets
In purchasing tickets for entry for the farm you enter into an agreement with the Charity, registered charity number 1077869 on these Terms which incorporate the “Common Terms” on this website applicable to all transactions. Please note that all ticket prices are subject to change without prior notice and can vary by date of visit or through different sales channels (e.g. website and at the gate).
Classes of ticket holder:
- Any persons above the age of 2 years old
Free entry for one essential carer per paying disabled visitor. This will be applied at the Gate.
- We currently do not offer any consessions
** Langleybury Children,s Farm reserves the right to charge the applicable general admission rate to any person not able to validate their purchase.
- Tickets sold Online are valid only for the date stated upon them.
- Tickets are non-transferable and non refundable.
Coronavirus (covid-19) changes and restrictions
- For the safety of all visitors and staff, daily visitor numbers at the farm will be capped to facilitate social distancing. Daily caps may vary and are subject to change at any time.
- Tickets will be released in batches for future dates on a rolling basis and are sold on a first-come-first-served basis. If the date you’re looking for isn’t yet available, please check back later.
- All tickets must be booked online in advance
- Paying visitors holding tickets for the morning session must arrive no earlier than 10.15am and no later than 10.45am. You may stay for the duration of your 3 hour slot but must leave the premises by 1.30pm.
- Paying visitors holding tickets for the afternoon session must arrive no earlier than 2.15pm and no later than 2.45pm .You may stay for the duration of your 3 hour slot but must leave the premises when the farm closes at 5.30pm .
- Since all tickets must be booked online in order for daily capacity to be effectively managed, any walk-up / ‘on the gate’ only promotions have been suspended until further notice and any such vouchers already in circulation will no longer be valid.
- Unfortunately, due to the limited capacity and to enable responsible social distancing, group visits – including school visits – cannot be facilitated until further notice. Therefore group, youth group and schools tickets will not be accepted for entry.
- Any tickets sold via third-party ticket agents will not be valid.
- The shop will remain closed. However we will be running a kiosk service selling a small selection of refreshments and snacks.
- To support visitors practising social distancing at the farm, one-way routes will be put in place to guide visitors around the farm
General admission conditions of entry
- Children under 16 will not be admitted without an adult.
- No dogs are permitted on site at the farm. This excludes assistant dogs.
- Your assistant dog must remain calm and quiet and at least 2 metres away from any animal enclosure fences and windows.
- Please ensure your dog is fit and healthy when visiting the farm, and has not shown any signs of ill health – including diarrhoea and vomiting – in the last 24 hours. They must have been resident in the UK for the last 6 months and have received all annual vaccinations and anthelmintic treatments.
- Dogs must not be left unattended; at all times they must remain with an adult and on a short lead.
- Please clean up after your dog. Ask at the main gate if you do not have a poop bag.
- Bicycles and motorbikes are not allowed on farm premises.
- Roller skates, rollerblades, skateboards are not allowed on farm premises. Children’s scooters are not permitted. No adult scooters are allowed on site.
- Heelys roller shoes must not be used as skates but may be worn as shoes.
- Buggies and pushchairs are left unattended at their owner’s risk and any containers left unattended may be removed for security reasons. The farm accepts no responsibility for damage to or loss of personal property brought into Attractions.
- BBQs not permitted.
- Permission must be obtained for all filming and photography for commercial purposes.
- The farm reserves the right to refuse entry into, or remove from the premises, any person. This includes, but is not limited to, a person who:
- Has behaved in a manner which, in the opinion of The farm, has, or is likely to, adversely affect the animals at the Attraction or the safety or enjoyment of other visitors.
- Has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace or may disturb animals.
- Is, or appears to be, under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- It is prohibited to take into an Attraction:
- Any weapons, fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles, blades, flammable liquids or other articles that may cause injury.
- Skateboards, rollerblades, roller skates, bikes and other forms of personal transport.
- Pets or animals of any nature
- To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles being taken into the farm, visitors are admitted subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched by farm staff.
- By purchasing a ticket to the farm, Visitors agree to:
- Keep their voices and mobile telephone volumes low
- Not attempt to enter animal enclosures
- Not tap on glass or put any body part through railings or fencing
- Not film or take photographs of the farm for public broadcast, commercial purpose or student projects unless authorisation has first been obtained from the management
- Not throw any article which could cause injury or annoyance to visitors or animals
- Not smoke, except in designated smoking areas
- The farm reserves the right to amend pricing and opening times entirely at its discretion and without prior warning.
Issue of e-tickets
- When your booking has been confirmed your tickets will be dispatched via e-mail to the e-mail address you specified. It is your responsibility to check prior to purchase that the information you have supplied to us in respect of your e-ticket requirements is accurate. We are only responsible for issuing e-tickets in accordance with the information you provide.
- Once purchased, neither the person nor the farm for which an e-ticket has been purchased may be changed. E-tickets are only valid for the date stated upon them.
- Payments for e-tickets are non-refundable.
- On arrival at the Farm, you must present your e-ticket either on your mobile or a print out to obtain entry.
Animals on show
TheFarm cannot guarantee that all animals will be on show at the farm throughout the day. For various reasons, including animal welfare, certain animals may be off show to the public without prior notice.
- In making a donation (including those added when purchasing a Membership or e-ticket) through this website you are donating, unless otherwise stated, Langleybury Children’s Farm, a registered charity, registered charity number 1077869. We will use your donations at our discretion but within our stated charitable objects.
By using this service, you agree that we may email you in the future.
Entry to the Farm
Entry to the farm is subject to our general admission conditions of entry
We may alter the opening and closing times of the farm without prior notice. Please check our website for opening and closing times.
We may close or change areas within the farm partly, entirely or at certain times of the year for various reasons including, but not limited to, special events and refurbishment.
As part of the requirements to re-open our farm to the public and maintain rules on social distancing, for the time being you will need to pre-book a slot to visit.
Parking at the Farm
Free car parking is available on site, please use the allocated parking spaces available. Users of the carpark do so at their own risk. The management will not accept responsibility for damage, accident or loss.
How we will use your personal information
In these terms “LCF” refers to the organisation or organisations relevant to your transaction as specified in the specific terms relating to each transaction type (the “Specific Terms”). The word “Terms” refers to the Specific Terms together with these Common Terms.
Amendments to the Terms
LCF reserves the right to make changes to its website, policies, and the Terms at any time. You will be subject to the policies and Terms in force at the time that you use the website and or you enter into any transaction with LCF, unless any change to those policies or these Terms is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you). If any of these Terms are deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that term will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining term and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
Events beyond LCF’S reasonable control
LCF will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations under these Terms if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond its reasonable control. This term does not affect your statutory rights.
If you breach these Terms and LCF takes no action, LCF will still be entitled to use its rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these Terms.
Warranty as to Age and Residential Status
You warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and possess the legal authority to enter into any transaction through this website (including instructing us to collect any payments from a payment card or billing account) and to use this website in accordance with the Terms. You agree to be financially responsible for all transactions you undertake through your use of this website (as well as for use of your account by others). You also warrant that you are a resident of the United Kingdom.
Limitation of Liability
Other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from The LCFs negligence, LCF, its employees and or agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising out of or in connection with The Farm’s relationship with you to the extent permitted by law.
In the event that the above exclusion of liability is not effective, LCF maximum aggregate liability (save in respect of death or personal injury resulting from LCF’s negligence) shall be the amount paid by the claimant to LCF in respect of the transaction out of which the claim against LCF arose.
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and LCF in respect of the relevant transaction and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written, between you and LCF with respect to the transaction. A printed version of the Terms and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to the Terms to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
Third Party Rights
None of the Terms shall be enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by a party other than you or LCF.
These Terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English Law, and any claim brought under the Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. This website is directed to the United Kingdom and therefore certain terms and conditions may not be applicable to non United Kingdom nationals who access this website.
We use ‘cookies’ to enhance your experience on our website. Cookies mean that the LCF website will remember you for a particular purpose and for a particular length of time.
LCF is committed to providing a high quality service to our visitors, supporters, members and customers. We invite feedback because it enables us to ensure the continuous improvement of the services and facilities we provide.