We are a voluntary run organization and rely on our team of hard working volunteers to keep the farm up and running. Without their help we would not be able to stay open to the public. As all our volunteers have other commitments we are in need of new people to offer their services to help share the work load.
We do not offer regular paid employment and we are currently not in any position to provide work experience. If you are looking to fill some free time with voluntary roles please see below.
We are looking for reliable, trustworthy volunteers to take charge of the shop one day a weekend a month.
- A day in the shop involves opening up and closing, checking toilet facilities and keeping the general picnic area tidy.
- You will also need to take money for entrance fees and shop bought items – this includes making cups of tea and coffee.
PET CORNER AND FARM HAND (ALL POSITIONS CURRENTLY FILLED)
We are looking for Young Volunteers* to look after pet’s corner and the cleaning out of some of the other animals.
*Children must be 13yrs + and will need to complete a work permit form.
- This role includes the general care of our small animals including handling and grooming.
- You may also be required to help clean out some of the animal areas within the farm.
- Some experience with small animals is essential for safety of volunteers and our animals.
HANDY ANDY’S AND BOB THE BUILDERS
We regularly hold a work party which allows us to get bigger jobs done to help maintain the farm.
- Jobs include – Painting, creosoting, maintaining fences and out buildings, Grounds Keeping, and other odd jobs that may crop up during the season.
Our main work parties are held before the start of the season in early spring.
MAIN EVENT HELPERS
Our popular events – the classic car show and Halloween party are proving to become extremely busy and in the future we are looking to increase the variety of events we offer.
- On these days we are looking for people to help with the extra services we offer – including our Bar, BBQ, Games and Stalls As well as keeping the car parking running smoothly.
All volunteers are subject to CRB check to ensure a safe environment for all.
In return for your help Immediate Family Members are granted free entry to the farm on days that you are helping out.
We also hold social Evenings up the farm to say thank you to all our volunteers.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- If you have any ride on play equipment that is no longer used but in a clean and safe condition the farm would happily use these for our visitors to enjoy.
- We also accept raffle donations for our main events.
- Due to the Global Pandemic the farm has unfortunately lost out on much needed revenue from the paying public. We missed out on the start of our season and have had to cancel our special events which themselves generate a large income. With this in mind we are still having to feed and care for our animals. We are always great full of public donations, if you wish to donate please do so by clicking on the donate button now.